How to add code without using a plugin to install a pinterest widget or board
Hey, everyone! I finally figured out how to install my Pinterest account using the widget builder on Pinterest without using a plugin. Thanks to the tutorial from snapcreativity. I looked everywhere to find out how and this is the best tutorial and easy.
(note: This will only work on Genesis Framework and not any other themes.)
Steps to embed a Pinterest profile widget at the footer
- Open up your Pinterest account and where you see the 3 dots in the upper left-hand side, scroll down until you see widget builder.
- Click on that and pick any of the options to build a pin, follow me, and any board to display anywhere on your blog.
- You'll need to add this code to your theme settings under the footer box. <script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">
- Go to your dashboard and under Genesis, click on theme settings.
- Finally, you can paste any of the code provided in the top gray box and copy it.
- Paste it anywhere you would like to add. On your widgets insert it under text box and add a title like: "follow me."
You need to put the code in text mode when trying to insert into a post. Do this right before you publish while still in text mode. That's the only way mine worked.